Recently upgraded to 18.04 and ended up on console?
Worry not…just a „few“ more undocumented steps and you are there…
- Start with:
- Now you probably ended up on some useless desktop. No symbols, nothing. Open the terminal by hitting CTRL+SHIFT+T and type:
sudo apt-get install lightdm
- Congratulations. You’re back on your desktop
- Now SAMBA is not working because…fuck knows why. So install samba client:
sudo apt install smbclient
- Edit the samba config:
sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf
- Change workgroup = WORKGROUP to whatever it’s called where you are
- Add the following lines underneath:
client max protocol = NT1
min protocol = SMB2
- Congratulations you should be able to access Windows Shares now too.